Workshops are like coaching for me…except multiplied by all the brains in the group because we get to learn from each other.
Attend any of the Courageous Feats workshops and you'll find a safe space to engage with other learners in the community and vulnerability that are necessary for growth. I integrate best practices and real experiences to bring humanness to the work while honoring the various learning styles of each participant.
Each workshop is carefully designed to help you evolve into the leader you are meant to be by leveraging the unique stories and the community within each group. Workbooks and bonuses will be provided to help you get the most out of every minute.
"I had the pleasure of working with Liz for three years and participating in workshops that she has facilitated. She is intentional, responsive and very certain of what she is trying to have everyone accomplish during their time with her and beyond. Liz is a wealth of knowledge and strategies and always humbles herself to want to learn from others."
Reem Laib Tyson, Washington, D.C.
Courageous Feats: Own Your Story
This workshop is similar to the Courageous Feats coaching package, but in a 3-day workshop for groups instead of one-on-one coaching.
During the 3 days, we will cover:
DAY ONE: Your Story: values, balance, lived experiences, and identity
DAY TWO: Your Mindset: inner critic, self-compassion, and celebrate mistakes
DAY THREE: Your Courageous Feats: transformation and courageous action plan
This workshop will help you to:
- Clarify your values so you can make decisions and take actions that are aligned to them
- Prioritize areas for a more balanced life
- Unpack your stories of the past, including your should stories, and understand how they are impacting you today
- Create a mantra that helps you live and lead from your most authentic self
- Recognize patterns in self talk and strategies for shifting any negative talk into more empowering and self-compassionate talk
- Break free of the should and create a plan with detailed actions for the courageous story you want to live.
After our 3-day training is over, we’ll have a follow up check in on your courageous action plans.
Dr. Brené Brown’s The Daring Way™
ABOUT THE DARING WAY™
The Daring Way™ is a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. During the process we explore topics such as vulnerability, courage, shame, and worthiness. We examine the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that are holding us back and we identify the new choices and practices that will move us toward more authentic and wholehearted living. The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and developing daily practices that transform the way we live, love, parent, and lead. Further information is available at www.thedaringway.com.
ABOUT BRENÉ BROWN
The Daring Way™ method is based on the research of Brené Brown, Ph.D. LMSW. Dr. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past twelve years studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame. Her groundbreaking research has been featured on PBS, NPR, CNN, and Oprah Winfrey’s Super Soul Sunday.
Brené is the author of two #1 New York Times bestsellers; Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead (2012), and The Gifts of Imperfection (2010). She is also the author of I Thought It Was Just Me (2007).
Brené’s 2010 TEDx Houston talk “The Power of Vulnerability” is one of the top ten most viewed TED talks in the world, with over 14 million viewers. Additionally, Brené gave the closing talk at the 2012 TED conference, where she talked about shame, courage, and innovation.
Further information about Brené is available at www.brenebrown.com.
Dr. Liz Garcia is a Certified Daring Way Facilitator and is available for facilitating both The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong workshops.
"I had the opportunity of meeting Dr. Garcia in 2015 when she trained me in coaching. Dr. Garcia has a plethora of knowledge on so many different skills related to being the most effective coach that you can be. She has no problem sharing her knowledge and most importantly she welcomes mistakes. The skills and experience that I have gained from working with her have been nothing short of amazing and I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking to become the best leader and person that they can be. Thank you for all that you do Liz! I will forever embrace my mistakes and grow from them."
Frankiettia Godwin, Ed. Spec., Memphis→Austin
Customized Leadership Development
Additional workshop topics that can be customized for your group’s needs include:
- Coaching Skills—Listening, Questioning, Diagnosing Needs
- Coaching Processes—The How of Coaching
- Communication—Establish Understanding and Setting Expectations
- Communication—Holding Others Accountable
- Influence and Change Management—Planning and Sustaining Successful Change Initiatives
- Is there something not listed that your group needs? Contact me to tell me more about it so we can get you the support you need.
What’s the process?
- Step 1: Contact Liz to let her know more about your needs, what workshop you are considering, and any questions you have
- Step 2: Liz will reach out to schedule a free 15-20minute consult call where we will discuss the possibility of working together and establish a timeline with details for our contract
- Step 3: After the contract is signed, a needs assessment will be conducted to fully understand the needs and dynamics of your group
- Step 4: We will collaboratively identify objectives for your workshop
- Step 5: Curriculum will be designed and delivered
- Step 6: Follow up support